Roast Smothered Scrod with Onion Crisps
- 4 5-ounce fillets scrod
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups peeled, diced eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 8 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced vertically
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup purČed peeled and seeded Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Onion Crisps (see next recipe)
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with Creole seasoning.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add fish fillets and sear first side, about 1 minute. Turn fillets with a spatula, add remaining ingredients (except Onion Crisps) and stir gently to combine; bring to a boil. Place skillet in oven and roast 25 minutes. Return skillet to burner, turn heat to high and cook 5 minutes longer.
To serve, place fish fillet in a shallow bowl and spoon some of the tomato/eggplant sauce over it. Top with a handful of Onion Crisps.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved