- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese (4 8-ounce packages), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy goat cheese, such as Montrachet, at room temperature (12 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix graham cracker crumbs with butter in a small bowl until thoroughly blended; press crumbs firmly on bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan with your fingers.
Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick, smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in 1 cup of the sour cream, the goat cheese, eggs and sugar, and continue beating until mixture is very smooth and creamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and lime juice until thoroughly incorporated, 2 minutes more.
Pour filling over crust and smooth top. Bake until filling is brown and springy-firm, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
Combine Grand Marnier with the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Spread on top of cooled cake.
Remove cheesecake from refrigerator about 2 hours before serving. To serve, cut cake in wedges with a warm knife.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved