Blackberry - or Blueberry Cobbler
- 4 pints fresh berries, rinsed and picked over
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the berries, Grand Marnier, granulated sugar, and two tablespoons of the flour. Toss to mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
Grease four 8-ounce ramekins with one teaspoon of the butter. Divide the berry mixture equally among the ramekins.
In a small mixing bowl, cream the remaining stick of butter with the brown sugar until smooth. Add the cinnamon, the remaining 1/2 cup flour, and the oats. Mix well.
Spread the oat mixture evenly over the berries. Put the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Top each cobbler with a scoop of ice cream, if you wish, to serve.
Makes 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved