- 2 chickens (about 3 1/2 pounds each), quartered
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pasta, such as angel hair or linguine, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeÒos
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ut the chickens in a large heavy pot with 2 tablespoons salt and the cayenne. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the chickens are very tender, about 1 hour. Remove the chickens from the pot and reserve 3 cups of the stock. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and rinse under cold water. Toss the pasta with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and set aside.
- When the chicken is cool, remove the meat from the bones, discarding the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Combine the butter and flour in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and whisk to blend. Cook, whisking, for 2 minutes. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring, until just soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add the reserved chicken stock and whisk to blend. Cook, stirring, until smooth and slightly thickened. Add the chicken and olives and season with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the Essence, and the jalapeÒos. Remove from the heat. Add 1 cup Parmesan and stir to blend.
- Spread half of the pasta in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over the pasta and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Parmesan. Spread the remaining pasta over the Parmesan and top with the remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle the casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm.