- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 18 ounces baby spinach, tough stems removed, well rinsed and spun dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a wide 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat until foam subsides, add garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook for 30 seconds. Then cook spinach, stirring, until just wilted but still and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.