- 1 boneless pork butt, about 4 pounds
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- Wet Mop Basting Sauce 
- Barbecue Sauce 
- 8 Hamburger buns
- Kicked Up Cole Slaw 
- Fried Pickles 
- Place the pork in a baking dish. In a bowl, combine the sugar, Essence, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper, and cayenne. Rub the seasoning evenly over the pork to coat. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an oven or smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Bring the pork to room temperature and place in a roasting pan, fat side up. Slow cook in the oven, basting with the wet mop basting sauce every 45 minutes, until fork tender, about 7 to 8 hours. Remove the pork from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 30 minutes.
- With a knife and fork or two forks, pull the meat apart into small slices or chunks. Toss with the some of the pan juices to keep the meat moist. Add barbecue sauce, to taste, or serve on the side. Divide the pulled pork among the hamburger buns. Top with the coleslaw or serve on the side with the fried pickles and additional Barbecue Sauce as desired.