- 5 ounces Roquefort or other creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons Tawny Port
- 7 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 crumpets or English muffins, split
- 16 walnut halves
- In a bowl, cream together the cheese and butter. Add the Port, walnuts, and salt, and mix until creamy.
- Lightly toast each crumpet or muffin half. Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto each of the 16 crumpet or muffin halves and top each with half a walnut. Toast until just bubbling. Serve immediately with the Potato, Onion, and Roquefort Soup.