- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- One and one-half cups 1% milk
- One-half teaspoon dry mustard
- One-half teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- One-half teaspoon herbes de Provence
- One-fourth teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and paprika
- If you are making it ahead of time and reheating it, place it in a casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cheese and macaroni, in a Dutch oven and heat, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and keep stirring until the mixture has thickened. Add the cheese and stir until all is melted. Stir in the cooked pasta and mix well. Serve immediately or pour into a baking dish cover and keep warm in the oven. Garnish with parsley and paprika.