- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 24 portions, about 1 heaping tablespoon each.
- Roll each portion between your hands to form a smooth ball.
- Place the balls of dough about an inch apart on the ungreased baking sheets. Press down with a fork in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern. You should get 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the oven until the cookies rise and turn lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet before you lift them onto a wire rack with a plastic turner. Repeat with the remaining sheet of cookies.