- 3 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus 6 sprigs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels, cumin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook until fragrant and golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In batches in a food processor, puree the avocados, chicken stock, green onions, lemon juice, cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the salt and the cayenne. Pour into a soup tureen or large pitcher. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Remove the corn mixture from the heat and garnish each serving of soup with 2 tablespoons of the toasted corn and 1 sprig of cilantro.