- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup (1/2 pound) orzo (a rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 cups Basic Chicken Stock 
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the onions, garlic, orzo, salt, and pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the mint and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in the butter until thoroughly incorporated. Serve immediately.