- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup cured black olives (such as kalamata), pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces linguiÁa sausage, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- Eight 6-ounce redfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onions are golden, about 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and olives and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 25 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Cook the linguiÁa in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and mix to bind the sausage.
- Season the fish fillets with the Essence. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or two smaller ones over high heat. Add the fish and sear until slightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Carefully drain off any excess oil. Put an equal portion of the linguiÁa mixture on each fillet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the fillets on eight serving plates. Spoon the olive-tomato sauce over each and sprinkle with the feta cheese.