- 8 ounces filet mignon steak, cut evenly into 8 thin slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced artichoke bottoms
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, quartered
- One 4-ounce block Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Pound the slices of filet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a meat mallet until paper thin. Arrange 2 slices on a serving plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the artichoke slices into 4 equal portions and arrange on top of the beef. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle each plate with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then squeeze a quarter of the lemon over each.
- With a cheese shaver or vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over each serving. Serve immediately.