- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 6 ounces clarified butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt, white pepper and cayenne
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a heatproof bowl whisk egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice until thick and pale. Set bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring constantly, until warm but not hot. Stir in butter, a few tablespoons at a time, until all butter is incorporated. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens enough to lightly coat back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in remaining lemon juice, Tabasco, salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste. Fold in tomatoes.