- 1 quart ripe, fresh figs, peeled and mashed
- One-half cup Grand Marnier
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- Mix together the mashed figs and Grand Marnier. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the evaporated milk, sugar, half-and-half and vanilla. Whisk to dissolve the sugar. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then add to the milk mixture. Stir to mix well. Add the fig mixture and stir to mix. Pour into the ice cream freezer and freezer according to manufacturer's directions.