- 1 dozen shucked Louisiana Oysters
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4-ounce wheel of Brie cheese, cut into 12 equal slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the oysters dry. Season the oysters with Essence. Season the flour with Essence. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Dredge the oysters in the flour, shaking off the excess flour. Pan-fry the oysters for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Place the oysters on a baking sheet. Lay a slice of the cheese on top of each oyster. Bake for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute. Add the spinach and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, mound the spinach in the center of each plate. Arrange 3 oysters around each mound of spinach and serve warm.