Historic St. Charles Ave. restaurant to serve cuisine and drink specials
NEW ORLEANS (Nov. 19, 2013) - Emeril’s Delmonico, renowned chef Emeril Lagasse’s contemporary Creole restaurant in the Lower Garden District, will open for Friday lunches beginning December 6. The two-story historic restaurant will serve lunch 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. on Fridays only with a new menu created by chef de cuisine Anthony Scanio.
Diners may choose from a special a la carte lunch menu or choose from a three-course prix fixe menu for $22.50. Emeril’s Delmonico will also offer $5 red, white and sparkling wines along with a $5 seasonal cocktail during lunch.
Features from the new lunch menu include:
* Pumpkin gnocchi with duck prosciutto, royal trumpet mushrooms, sage and asiago cheese ($10)
* Gulf shrimp and ham stuffed mirliton with roasted pepper butter ($10)
* Delmonico antipasto - an assortment of house-cured meats, artisanal cheese, marinated vegetables, and house-made preserves ($14)
Soups & Salads
* Gumbo of the day ($7)
* Young arugula salad with house-made prosciutto, sherry poached pear, manchego, toasted hazelnuts, and aged balsamic ($10)
* Fried oyster bordelaise with house-made spaghetti, parmesan, and oven-dried tomatoes ($17)
* Veal parmesan po’boy with an arugula-fennel salad ($15)
* 8 oz. dry-aged New York strip with French fries and red wine chimichurri ($29)
* Coconut cream pie with a lime meringue, grilled pineapple, cashew crust, and rum caramel ($9)
* Café au lait crème brûlée with Louisiana cane syrup cake ($8)
House-made Liqueurs ($12)
* Elixir of the Seven Powers
* Blood orangecello
Drink specials during Emeril’s Delmonico Friday lunch include*:
* $5 red, white and sparkling wines
* $5 specialty seasonal cocktail
About Chef Emeril Lagasse
Chef Emeril Lagasse is the chef/proprietor of 13 restaurants in New Orleans, Las Vegas, Orlando, Bethlehem, Pa. and Charlotte, N.C. As a national TV personality, he has hosted more than 2,000 shows on the Food Network, and is the food correspondent for ABC’s “Good Morning America.” His latest TV show, Emeril’s Florida, premiered January 2013 on the Cooking Channel. Most recently, Lagasse joined the judges’ table on Top Chef: New Orleans-season 11 of Bravo’s hit food series. Lagasse is the best-selling author of 18 cookbooks, including his latest cookbook, Cooking with Power, released in October 2013. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children’s educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts, nutrition, healthy eating, and important life skills. To date, the Foundation has donated more than $5.5 million to community organizations in New Orleans, Las Vegas and on the Gulf Coast. For his philanthropic efforts, Emeril was named the 2013 Humanitarian of the Year by the James Beard Foundation.
About Emeril’s Delmonico
Emeril’s Delmonico is an 118-year-old restaurant located on the famed St. Charles Avenue streetcar line in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans. The restaurant first opened as Delmonico in 1895 by Anthony Commander, the younger brother of Emile Commander, who opened a saloon called Commander’s Palace in 1880. The restaurant’s second owners, Anthony and Marie LaFranca from Sicily, introduced Sicilian and Italian-style cuisine alongside traditional Creole New Orleans favorites. Chef Emeril Lagasse bought and reopened the historic restaurant in 1998 after an extensive renovation, paying homage to its classic, grand setting and original menus. Today, the kitchen is led by chef de cuisine Anthony Scanio, who infuses his love of Italian and Sicilian influences into the modern Creole palate. The restaurant features an ever changing in-house charcuterie program, a homemade liqueur program, and on-site dry-aged steaks, in addition to its revived classic New Orleans dishes. Emeril’s Delmonico is open for dinner Monday-Thursday, 6-9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 6-10 p.m. The historic restaurant offers a happy hour at the bar Monday through Friday, 5-7 p.m. To make a reservation, call 504-525-4937 or visit emerilsrestaurants.com.