700 Patrons to Toast Children’s Causes at Country’s “Top 10” Charity Wine Event — Tickets Sold-Out
NEW ORLEANS (October 26, 2010) – Each fall, the world’s most celebrated chefs and winemakers come together in New Orleans for a spirited weekend to toast the charitable works of Emeril Lagasse Foundation. The perennially sold-out Carnivale du Vin returns to New Orleans on November 13, 2010 with the stars of the food and wine world, including chefs Mario Batali, Gale Gand, Kevin Rathbun, and Norman Van Aken, along with top winemakers pouring wines from their vineyard’s special collections.
Highlights of Carnivale du Vin:
– For the 6th anniversary Carnivale du Vin, 700 guests will gather for an evening of food, wine and music for children’s causes on Saturday, November 13, 2009 at Hilton New Orleans Riverside in the heart of downtown New Orleans.
– Chef Emeril Lagasse and an all-star lineup of chefs – the 2010 “Krewe du Vin” – including Mario Batali, Gale Gand, Kevin Rathbun, and Norman Van Aken will create the ultimate wine tasting dinner – 5 courses paired with wines by the country’s most distinguished vintners.
– Some of the renowned vintners pouring remarkable wines are Au Bon Climat, G.H. Mumm, Grace Family Vineyards, Rubicon Estate and Williams Selyem.
– Winemaker Bob Cabral of Williams Selyem Winery will uncork the Carnivale du Vin “Bacchus” special bottling Pinot Noir.
– Patrons will experience the soulful spirit of New Orleans with local artists and musical entertainment by Kool & The Gang.
– The live wine auction will feature highly sought-after private dining experiences prepared by America’s most renowned chefs, rare and deep wine collections and unique travel experiences.
– A portion of the proceeds from the Carnivale du Vin live auction will go to assist children of fishing families in South Louisiana as the region continues to recover from the Gulf Coast oil spill.