- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- One-half teaspoon dried basil
- One-half teaspoon dried oregano
- One-fourth teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into one-fourth-inch pieces
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed and sliced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until they vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add herbs and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Uncover and cook on medium heat until the liquid is reduced.