APPLE PECAN STUFFING
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced lean bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup peeled and diced apples, such as Granny Smiths, 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread (1-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- <1326>2 cups Basic Chicken Stock1326>
Combine the oil and bacon in a large skillet over high heat and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the onions, celery, apples, pecans, parsley, sage, salt, and pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Stir in the bread cubes, Creole Seasoning, and stock; bring to a simmer, and remove from the heat. Use immediately.
Makes 6 cups.