- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, 21-25 count per pound, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 pieces poboy bread, each about 8-inches long
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Mayonnaise, for dressing sandwich
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Sliced spicy pickle chips, for dressing sandwich
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
Toss the shrimp with the Essence and 1 tablespoon of the oil; set aside while you assemble the remaining ingredients.
Preheat the oven to broil and position a rack about 6-inches from the broiler unit.
In a small bowl, whisk the hot sauce together with the Worcestershire. Little by little, drizzle in the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil to form a smooth emulsion.
Cut the pieces of bread in half and spread the cut sides of each piece with the butter. Place the bread under the broiler until lightly toasted and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside while you cook the shrimp.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shrimp, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet, and cook until seared on both sides and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
Assemble the sandwiches by spreading both cut sides of the bread with mayonnaise. Layer the tomato slices and pickle slices on the bottom portion of the bread, then divide the shrimp evenly among the sandwiches. Toss the iceberg lettuce with the Crystal vinaigrette and place on top of the sandwiches. Serve the sandwiches open-faced.
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Slow-Cooked Cochon de Lait Po’Boy
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo
Emeril's Shrimp Creole
Quail And Smoked Sausage Christmas Gumbo
Seafood Okra Gumbo