- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 ounces ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, plus 1 lime leaf
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash fresh cilantro
- Two 1 1/2 to 2-pound lobsters
- 2 ounces mango, diced
- 2 ounces red pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 2 ounces citrus vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 ounce olive oil
- Dash salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- 2 tablespoons cooked and crispy wontons, for garnish
- Coconut dust
- Fresh coconut, optional
- Lime wedges, for garnish
For the steamed lobster:Bring 12 cups water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add the wine, ginger, garlic, lime and lime leaf and vanilla. Let infuse for 10 minutes. Coat the lobsters in the olive oil and season with the salt and cilantro. Place in a perforated pan and place over the top of the broth to steam. Steam, covered, until cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes. Chill, and then remove from the shell.
For the lobster salad:Combine the lobster meat, mango, red pepper, cilantro, oranges and vinaigrette. Toss together, and then season with salt and black pepper, if needed. Reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For the avocado salad:Mix together the avocado, pepper, olive oil, salt and lime juice.
For the coconut foam:Whip the cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, then fold in the cream of coconut. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide avocado salad between 2 glass bowls. Top with lobster salad, and then add the wontons. Add the coconut foam and garnish with coconut dust. Top with fresh coconut, if using, and lime wedges.
Notes:This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Recipe courtesy Chef Chris Ponte, Cafe Ponte, St. Petersburg, Florida
Pan Seared Grouper With English Pea Puree, Chanterelles, Sunchokes, Rainbow Carrots, And Minneola Buerre Blanc
Fennel Seared Swordfish With Smoked Tomato Butter, Yukon Hash And Bottarga Citrus Salad
Florida Cioppino With Grilled Lobster And Jalapeno Cheese Grits
Skillet Seared Skirt Steak, Red Onions And Shishito Peppers With Arugula Salad In Honeybell Orange Vinaigrette
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
Ej's Simple Oven-bbq Ribs
Florida Swordfish, Swank Farms Cauliflower, Tomatoes And Chickpeas
The Hurricane Port-a-shrimp
Stinky's Stew With Mema's Pressed Crab Po Boy