- 2 pounds spicy smoked/cooked sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted fresh herbs for garnish
For the Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup good quality light vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Several splashes hot sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring a medium sized pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the cut potatoes and sweet potatoes to the boiling water. Cook potatoes for about five minutes until they are almost cooked, but still raw in the center. Drain potatoes and cool them down completely until ready to grill.
- Preheat char grill to medium high heat.
- In a large sized mixing bowl, add sausage, potatoes, peppers, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend. Toss the ingredients carefully. Place the ingredients on the char grill. Cook the sausage, peppers and potatoes for about 6 minutes or until char marks have formed and everything is completely heated throughout.
To make the Mustard Vinaigrette:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add vinegar, honey, hot sauce, lemon juice, mustard and garlic. Using a whisk in a constant motion, slowly add one cup of the vegetable oil to the vinegar mixture. Whisk ingredients until fully combined.
- Taste vinaigrette, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove food from grill and arrange on a platter. Drizzle the ingredients with some of the vinaigrette. Garnish with scallions, parsley and fresh herbs. Serve warm with extra vinaigrette on the side. .
Notes:This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Recipe courtesy of Chef Justin P. Timineri/Executive Chef/Culinary Ambassador/Florida Department of Agriculture
Yellowedge Grouper With Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette And Petite Greens
Skillet Seared Skirt Steak, Red Onions And Shishito Peppers With Arugula Salad In Honeybell Orange Vinaigrette
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Florida Cioppino With Grilled Lobster And Jalapeno Cheese Grits
Trout Almandine With Brabant Potatoes
Black Grouper With Sofrito And Rock Shrimp Toast
White Water Clams With Beer And Orange Broth
Fennel Seared Swordfish With Smoked Tomato Butter, Yukon Hash And Bottarga Citrus Salad
Ej's Simple Oven-bbq Ribs