- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit zest
- 2 cups freshly squeezed red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the sugar, water, and grapefruit zest in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grapefruit juice and lemon juice. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in the black pepper, and set it aside to cool. (It will cool faster if you set the container in a bowl of ice water and stir it intermittently.)
- Cover and refrigerate the sorbet base until it is thoroughly chilled, about 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Process the sorbet in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer it to a freezerproof container, cover, and freeze until ready to serve.
- Source: Farm to Fork
Emeril Lagasse's Spinach, Cherry, And Goat Cheese Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing
Lemon-scented Blueberry Pancakes
Peach Freezer Jam
Curry-scented Roasted Cauliflower
Cheesy Creole Tomato Pie
Cantaloupe And Pancetta Cream Sauce For Pasta
Eggplant Parmesan Napoleon With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Turnip And Radish Slaw With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat And Chive Oil
Corn, Tomato And Lobster Salad