- Using a meat mallet, vigorously pound each steak until well tenderized and about 1/8 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine flour with 3 tablespoons Essence. In another large bowl, combine buttermilk with 1 tablespoon Essence.
- Coat steak with flour mixture. Shake off excess flour, dip steaks in buttermilk, and coat again with flour. Place coated steaks on a rack over a sheet tray until ready to fry.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Fry steaks in hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- When steak is done, transfer to a paper towel-lined tray or plate to drain, and keep warm in oven while frying oysters and making gravy.
- Coat oysters with flour mixture. Shake off excess flour, dip oysters in buttermilk, and coat again with flour. Fry oysters in hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer oysters to another paper-lined tray and place in oven while you make Cream Gravy. (Reserve pan drippings for gravy.)
- When gravy is finished, remove steak and oysters from oven. On a serving platter, place 1/3 of the gravy. Place steaks on platter, add oysters, and top with remaining gravy. Garnish with green onions.
Broccoli And Cheese Soup
Basic Potato Gnocchi
Basic Tomato Sauce
Chicken Fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Chicken And Veggie Stir Fry With Cellophane Noodles
Seared Tri-tip Steak With Bearnaise Sauce And Pommes Frites
Grilled Flat-iron Steak With Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad