- 1 broiler chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds), giblets and cavity fat removed, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Position an oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl and rub with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place garlic, thyme, parsley, and bay leaf inside chicken cavity. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack set inside roasting pan. Roast chicken for 1 hour, or until skin is crisp and deep golden brown, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the joint of the thigh and drumstick registers 160 degrees.
- Remove pan from oven and let chicken rest for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer chicken to a cutting board. Carve and serve.
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Emeril's Homemade Vegetable Stock
Garden Vegetable Soup
Basic Whipped Cream
Simple Roasted Turkey Breast
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Shiitake-braised Brussels Sprouts
Chai-spiced Pumpkin Pudding With Lady Fingers