- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add enough salt to make water taste salty. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta in a colander and return to pot. Cover and cook over low heat until all water has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add milk, salt, pepper, butter, nutmeg, and cheeses and stir until all the cheese has melted. If necessary, turn the burner to a very low heat to melt remaining cheese.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Grilled Almond-butter Sandwiches With Bananas And Semisweet Chocolate
French Bread Pizza Sandwiches With Sweet Italian Sausage
Homemade Almond Butter
Almond Butter Milkshakes
Edamame With Sesame Oil And Sea Salt
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese, And Fresh Thyme
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese And Fresh Thyme
Grilled Cheese "sandwitch''
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction