- 3 ripe tomatoes (about 3/4 pound) or one 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Hot Sauce or other red hot sauce
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until salsa is mostly smooth but still slightly chunky, about 7 pulses.
- In a large, heavy deep pot or an electric fryer, heat 2 cups vegetable oil to 360 degrees. Deep-fry tortilla strips until lightly golden and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and set aside until ready to serve with homemade tortilla chips.
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Chorizo, Cheese, And Green Chile Enchiladas
Sopapillas With Lime-honey Drizzle
Roasted Red-pepper Hummus With Homemade Pita Chips
Carne Asada Mini Tortillas With Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
Emeril's Perfect Hot And Cheesy Fries
Chicken And Green Chile Tamales With Roasted Tomato Salsa
Emeril's Perfect Parmesan Polenta
Emeril's Perfect Roast Chicken