- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 limes, halved
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded queso fresco or Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place the corn and 2 lime halves into the boiling water and boil for 6 to 8 minutes, until the corn is tender. Use tongs to remove the corn from the water and place on a clean, dry kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and milk and set aside.
- Place the corn on a small baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Arrange the oven rack 8 inches from the broiler unit and adjust the oven settings to broil.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, place the baking sheet in the oven and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, taking the corn out and using a pastry brush to baste with melted butter every 2 to 3 minutes. Watch the corn carefully while it is in the oven to prevent excessive browning. The corn should be golden brown when ready.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and squeeze the remaining lime halves over the warm corn.
- Generously brush the corn with the sour cream mixture and sprinkle with chili powder, salt, and shredded cheese. Serve warm.