- 1 (4-pound) boneless beef New York strip roast (top loin), fat trimmed
- Essence, recipe follows
- Freshly ground black pepper
- <b>Beurre Maitre d'Hotel:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill or the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the meat with Essence, salt, and pepper, on both sides. Place on the hot grill and cook to desired doneness, turning once, about 1 hour 30 minutes or until medium rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130 degrees F for medium-rare, or 140 degrees F for medium. (Alternately, roast on a rack set on a baking sheet for 15 minutes in a 450 degree F oven. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to cook for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes for medium-rare.)
- Remove from oven or grill; let stand 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on platter and top with pats of the Beurre Maitre d'Hotel.
- Beurre Maitre d'Hotel: Place the butter in a medium bowl and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a cylinder, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll up in the plastic wrap, pushing in as you go, to form a tight log. Refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- To use, unwrap, cut 1/2-inch slices, and serve on top of the New York Strip.
- Yield: 1/2 pound
New York Strip With Beurre Maitre D'hotel
New York Strip With Beurre Maître D’hôtel
Beurre Maitre D'hotel
Grilled Rib Eye Steaks With Fried Bell Pepper Rings And Maitre D'hotel Butter
Simply Delicious New York-style Cheesecake With Strawberry Sauce
Emeril's Maitre D'hotel Butter
Three Citrus Gravlax
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Real Deal Chocolate Egg Cream
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes