- 1 recipe basic pizza dough
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups your favorite tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1-pound mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. If you have one, place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Divide the dough in half and roll into a 12-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Dust pizza peel or baking sheet with cornmeal. Place rolled out dough on peel. Brush pizza dough with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the edges. Sprinkle 1/4 cup basil leaves on top of sauce and then top with 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Finally, top with 1/2-pound mozzarella slices. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and the edges are golden brown. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 2 pizzas.
California Style Duck Confit Pizza
Grilled Pizza With Smoked Salmon Topping
Cannoli Dessert Calzone
New York Style Chocolate Cheesecake
Simply Delicious New York-style Cheesecake With Strawberry Sauce
Chicago Style Italian Sausage And Pepper Deep Dish Pizza
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizzas
Julia Child's Pan Fried Thin Burger
Roasted Garlic White Pizza With Cheese Stuffed Crust