- Baked Chicken
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cane or maple syrup
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, optional
- For the Chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange a rack inside a roasting pan and set aside.
- Season the chicken both inside and out with the kosher salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon zest and juice and butter. Place the chicken on the rack in the roasting pan breast side up and roast until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Using a pastry brush, brush half of the honey mixture over the chicken, as well as sprinkling half the thyme over the chicken and return the chicken to the oven. Continue to cook another 30 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 180 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the oven and brush the remaining honey blend and sprinkle the remainder of the thyme over the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer to a platter or cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- To serve, spoon the sweet potatoes into the center of 4 large plates and arrange the chicken on top. Drizzle the chicken with any remaining pan juices and serve immediately with the sweet potatoes.
- For the Mashed Potatoes: Lightly prick the potatoes a few time with a fork and place the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet, drizzle with a little vegetable oil and lightly sprikle with salt and pepper. Bake until knife tender, when they begin to ooze sugary syrup, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a large bowl. Add the cream, sugar, butter, syrup, salt and pepper, and thyme, if using and mix, mashing until the potato mixture is smooth. Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
Pasta With Vodka Sauce And Sausage
Potato Chip Cookies
Marsh's Tenderloin Fried Steaks
Pork Chops Stewed With Apples And Prunes, With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Cinnamon Smoked Venison Medallions With Bourbon Mash Sweet Potatoes And A Caramelized Onion Gravy
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Roast Chicken And Vegetables With Gremolata Butter
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Honeyed Date Nut Muffins With Orange Honey Butter