- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 2 scant cups all purpose flour (spooned into the measuring cups)
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Honey-Butter for serving, recipe follows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the wells of a mini muffin pan with butter.
- Combine the eggs, oil, water, heavy cream, buttermilk, honey and butter in a mixing bowl, and whisk well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined; do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into well-greased mini muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F until lightly golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool briefly, then brush with honey butter and sprinkle with sugar before serving.
- * Note: The mini muffin pan we used has 1 ½ tablespoon capacity wells. If your mini muffin pan has smaller or larger wells, your yield will vary and you will need to adjust the cooktime accordingly.
- Honey Butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine the butter and honey in a small bowl and stir to blend. Brush onto warm muffins when they come out of the oven.
Chilled Sweet Corn – Buttermilk Soup With Blue Crab And Shaved Country Ham
It's A Good Morning Muffins
White Chocolate-macadamia Nut Blondies
Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Pecan Waffles With Pecan And Banana Syrup
Emeril's Homemade Granola Bars
Everyone Loves Cornbread
Totally From Scratch Biscuits
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread