- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cups chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 lemons, quartered and juiced (rinds reserved)
- 3/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) live lobster
- 1/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cups chiffonade mixed greens
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced avocado
- <RECIPE_ID:7579>Tequila-Cilantro Mayonnaise
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Put 1 gallon of water in a 6-quart stockpot over high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon rinds, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring the pot to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the lobster and cook until red and cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to halt the cooking. Once the lobster has cooled, remove from the ice bath and set aside.
- Return the lobster cooking water to a boil. Add the shrimp to the pot. Cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to halt the cooking. When the shrimp have cooled, remove from the ice bath and set aside.
- Crack the shell of the lobster and remove the tail and claw meat. Chop the meat into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- To serve, place a quarter of the greens into the bottom of each of 4 large, chilled martini glasses. Drizzle a little of the mayonnaise over the greens. Divide the tomatoes, avocado, shrimp, and lobster meat among the glasses. Drizzle more of the mayonnaise over the cocktail and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Tequila And Lime Baby Back Ribs With A Guava And Ginger Glaze
Lime Sorbet Over Pound Cake With Tequila Flambeed Berries
Tequila Marinated Shrimp Pizza With Chorizo, Onions, Bell Peppers, And Cilantro Pesto
Grilled Flank Steak Taquitos With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-tequila Cream
Duck Roulades With Avocado, Pistachios, And Pistachio Armagnac Sauce
Grilled Flat-iron Steak With Avocado, Tomato, And Red Onion Salad
Chilled Lobster Cocktail With White Truffle-lemon Aioli, Mache And Tomato Confit