- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 1 1/2-quart gratin dish with the butter.
- Make a layer of overlapping potato slices on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with half of the garlic and 1/3 of the goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat with another layer of potatoes, the remaining garlic, another 1/3 of the cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Finish with a final layer of potatoes and the remaining cheese and season with salt and pepper. Pour the heavy cream over the top of the potatoes and, using your hands, press to condense the layers slightly. Make sure the potatoes are all covered with cream.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the gratin is bubbly and golden brown on top and the potatoes are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Potato And Goat Cheese Gratin
Whole Roasted Ribeye Roast With A Three Potato And Goat Cheese Gratin
Classic Blue Cheese Dip With Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese
Dried Fig And Port Wine Compote
Mixed Green Salad With Blackberry Dressing, Walnuts, And A Mutton Button Butter-fried Crouton
Cheddar And Beer Soup With Spicy Popcorn Garnish
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potato Au Gratin
Jerusalem Artichoke And Potato Gratin
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potatoes Au Gratin
Apple And Potato Gratin