- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup guava jelly
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) boneless pork loin
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- <RECIPE_ID:7518>Calypso Rice
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, lime zest, shallots, garlic, ginger, coriander, sugar, and guava jelly in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until the mixture is reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits evenly all over the pork loin. Stuff garlic slices into the slits. Season the pork with the salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Sear the pork on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove pork from the skillet and place in a roasting pan. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145 to 150 degrees F, about 40 to 45 minutes. 5 minutes before removing the roast from the oven, evenly spread the glaze over the top. Remove from the oven and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Slice pork. Serve with Calypso Rice and remaining guava glaze.
Garlic Roasted Pork Loin With Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Filling And Fried Plantains
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish
Roasted Pork Loin With Bacon And Onion Spatzle
Tequila And Lime Baby Back Ribs With A Guava And Ginger Glaze
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Fillings And Fried Plantains
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roast Pork Loin With Rosemary
Calypso Pork Pie With Plantain Lattice