- 22 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups plus 1/3 cup whole milk
- 8 boneless breakfast pork chops (small, thin cuts, about 1/4-inch thick each)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cooked and crumbled andouille sausage
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- In a shallow bowl combine the crushed crackers, 3/4 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, Essence, and baking powder.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Season pork chops lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper on both sides. Dust pork chops, one at a time, with the cracker-flour mixture and then dip in the egg mixture. Dredge pork chops with the cracker-flour mixture a second time, pressing to coat, and shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F in a large skillet with 2-inch deep sides. (The oil should be about 1/4-inch deep.) Add the pork chops to the preheated oil, being careful not to over-crowd the pan. Pan-fry the chops for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn the pork chops and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Place the pork chops on a paper towel-lined plate and keep warm while you make the gravy.
- Carefully discard most of the oil from the pork chops, reserving 2 tablespoons plus any browned bits in the bottom of the skillet. Heat the oil over medium-low and add the andouille sausage, stirring until warmed through and fragrant. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the flour to the oil-sausage mixture, stirring constantly to keep from burning, about 2 minutes. In a slow, steady stream, add the remaining 3 cups of milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking continuously. Bring the gravy mixture to a simmer, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season the gravy with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately over chicken fried pork chops and buttermilk mashed potatoes.
Pan Fried Quail With Country Milk Gravy And Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Homemade Andouille Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Double Cut Pork Chops With Awesome Ham Hock Gravy
Pork Chops Stewed With Apples And Prunes, With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Root Beer Glazed Pork Chops With Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Caramelized Onions
Stuffed Pork Chops With Grits
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Southern Fried Chicken With Mashed Potatoes
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Vanilla And Bourbon Marinated Pork Loin With Sour Cream Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Pecan Gravy