- 4 to 6 large red onions (3 1/2 pounds), quartered
- Cloves from 2 large heads of garlic (about 1 cup), peeled
- 2 shallots (about 1/3 cup), peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- French bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Combine the onions, garlic, and shallots in a roasting pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add the olive oil and Essence and toss to coat. Roast until well browned, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set over two burners on medium-low heat. Add 2 cups of Chicken Stock, the sage, thyme, and salt and cook for 10 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the puree into a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the remaining 4 cups Chicken Stock and the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and stir in the cream. Serve with French bread.
Roasted Garlic Bisque With Garlic Croutons And Basil Pesto
Roasted Potato And Garlic Salad
Roasted Eggplant And Garlic Soup
Roasted Garlic Soup With Goat Cheese Croutons
Roasted Garlic And Onion Soup
Charlotte's Pan-roasted Latin Style Garlic Soup
Slow Cooked Pork Roast With Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Mesclun Greens With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Crouton With Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Roasted Squab With Poached Garlic, Garlic Cream Potatoes And Vinegar Meat Jus
Romaine Salad With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Croutons