- 1/2 pound linguiÁa sausage, removed from casings and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup minced green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups 1-inch cubes day-old French bread
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325?F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until golden brown and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and bell peppers, and sautÈ until soft, 3 minutes. Add the green onions and stir well. Add the white wine and reduce slightly, stirring, about 1 minute over high heat. Remove from the heat.
- Place the bread in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and cream and stir well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the melted butter into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, and coat the sides and bottom evenly. Pour any extra butter into the bread mixture.
- Mix the sausage and bread mixtures. Add the eggs, grated Pepper Jack and Monterey Jack cheeses, salt, black pepper, and cayenne, and quickly fold together. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and increase the temperature to 375?F. Spread the sour cream evenly over the top and cover with the Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the casserole is lightly browned on top. Serve hot.
Creole Breakfast Bread Pudding
Chocolate Bread Pudding With Spiced Cream
Exotic Mushroom Bread Pudding
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Nuevo Cubano Bread Pudding
Savory Spinach And Artichoke Bread Pudding
Emeril's Shrimp Creole
Rhena's Stuffed Peppers
Savory Croissant Breakfast Pudding
Chocolate Chocolate Pudding Cake With Chocolate Ganache