- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups Chicken Stock, or
- canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon plus a pinch of mace
- 1 3/4 cups polenta or fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Combine the milk, Chicken Stock, salt, white pepper, and mace in a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the polenta. Once the mixture begins to thicken, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until the polenta is tender, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and scraping down the sides of the pot, about 10 minutes. Add the Parmesan and stir to blend. Remove from the heat and stir to cool for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs and egg yolks in a medium bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Add 1/2 cup of the polenta to the eggs (to temper) and whisk to blend. Gradually add the egg mixture to the rest of the polenta (in about 3 additions), stirring constantly. Continue to stir vigorously for another 2 minutes. Reserve for the casserole.
Emeril's Creamy Polenta
Duck And Mushroom Rag? Over Creamy Polenta
Braised Veal Cheeks Over Creamy Polenta
Madeira Braised Veal Cheeks With Creamy Polenta
Braised Lamb Shanks With Creamy Polenta
Wild Mushroom Ragout Over Creamy Polenta
Chef Dave's Polenta Casserole
Creamy Ham And Potato Pies