- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese
- Essence, to taste
- Optional flavorings:
- Pepper jack cheese
- Pesto sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, one at a time, roll out each pastry sheet to a 12x18-inch rectangle. Combine the egg and the water and whisk to make an egg wash.
- Lay one pastry sheet flat on the work surface and lightly brush with the egg wash. Sprinkle with the cheeses and Essence. Top with the remaining sheet of pastry, pressing firmly to seal, then lightly roll with a rolling pin. Trim the edges with a knife to make them even.æ
- If you wish, change the flavor of the straws by using pesto sauce instead of the egg wash, top with cheese, and proceed as directed.æ
- Cut the dough crosswise into strips, about 1/3 to 1/2-inch wide. Twist each three times to make a spiral and place on an ungreased baking sheet. (You can also cut the pastry into diamond shapes and place them on the baking sheet.) Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm.
Smoked Salmon Tartare On Toast Points
Easy Chicken Pot Pies
Chicken Breasts With Vella Cheeses
Mom's Taramosalata (carp Roe Dip)
Pepita-crusted Shrimp With Rio Grande Citrus Beurre Blanc
Oysters On The Half-shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Kicked-up Pigs In A Blanket
Chips And Pico De Gallo
Oranges With Peppermint Straws