- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons Baby Bam
- 8 ounces white Cheddar cheese (1/2 pound), grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions (optional)
- Gravy (optional)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
- Grease a large nonstick baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
- Pat the potatoes dry and slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Turn each slice flat and slice again lengthwise into even fries, 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until very light and foamy.
- Add the potatoes to the egg white and toss to coat evenly. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon.
- Spread the coated potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, so the fries are not touching one another. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle the potatoes with half the Baby Bam. With a metal spatula, scrape the potatoes from the baking sheet and flip them over. Sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of Baby Bam.
- With oven mitts or pot holders, return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the potatoes with the cheese.
- With oven mitts or pot holders, return the baking sheet to the oven until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the potatoes with the scallions (optional). Carefully transfer the potatoes with the spatula to a large serving plate or individual plates.
- Serve immediately, with gravy, if desired.