- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- BRESAOLA AND ARUGULA:
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, tough stems removed, rinsed and spun dry
- 1/2 pound bresaola, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Parmesan, shaved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- ONION AND GORGONZOLA CHEESE:
- 8 ounces baby spinach, stems removed, rinsed, and spun dry
- 1 pound caramelized yellow onions
- 1/2 pound Gorgonzola or other mild creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- Chopped toasted walnuts
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Dough: To make the dough, in a bowl, stir together the yeast, water and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of flour, the oil, and salt, and stir with a heavy wooden spoon to make a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, adding more flour as needed to make a soft but still slightly moist dough. Shape into a ball, flatten slightly, dust with flour and cover with clean kitchen towel to rise until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Punch the dough down, knead, and cut into 6 equal pieces. Roll out each 1 to a circle about 1/4-inch thick, 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a griddle or cast iron pan (or grill) over high heat. Prick the dough with a fork and cook on the griddle until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove, brush lightly with the extra-virgin olive oil and repeat with the remaining dough.
- To serve, pile the toppings of choice into the center of each warm grilled round. Roll the bread around the toppings of choice and serve immediately.
- Bresaola and Arugula: Divide the arugula leaves, bresaola, and Parmesan among piadine rounds. Top with a sprinkling of pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Onion and Gorgonzola: Divide the spinach, onions, and cheese among piadine rounds. Top with a sprinkling of walnuts and drizzle lightly with oil.
Pressed Italian Sandwich
Emeril's Peanut Butter And Banana Sandwich With Homemade Bam Chips
Fried Oyster Poor Boys With Homemade Bbq Sauce And A Crunchy Blue Cheese Slaw
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Homemade Bagel Dough
Panzanella (tuscan Bread And Tomato Salad)
Slow Cooked Pork Roast With Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Semolina Pizza Dough
Grilled Fillet Of Beef With Blue Cheese Glacage, With Bacon And Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes And A Drizzle Of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce