- 4 pounds chicken thighs (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons Asian seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Chinese wine or medium-dry Sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole star anise
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 8 teaspoons water
- Season the chicken thighs with the Asian seasoning.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. With tongs, transfer to a plate. Lower the heat to medium and add 1 cup of the green onions and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Add the ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add the stock, water, soy sauce, wine, vinegar, cinnamon and star anise and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and simmer for 20 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and braise over medium-low heat until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Increase the heat to medium, add the cornstarch slurry and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thick and shiny, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the rice into the center of each of 4 large plates. Arrange 2 thighs on the rice and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup of green onions.
Tchoup Chop Chicken Stir Fry With Noodles
Braised Chicken Thighs
Grilled Chicken Thighs With Brazilian “vinaigrette” Salsa
Crispy Roast Squab With Homemade Plum Sauce
Red Chicken Curry
Kicked Up Chinese Drummettes
Homemade Plum Sauce
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad