- 1/3 cup Armagnac or brandy
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1/4 cup black currants, or black raisins
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Finely chopped toasted walnuts
- Powdered sugar, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the Armagnac over medium heat. Place the raisins and currants in a bowl and cover with the warm Armagnac. Let sit until plumped, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- In a small bowl, mash the goat cheese, honey, lemon peel, and 2 teaspoons of the reserved Armagnac until smooth. Add the raisins and currants and mix until well blended. Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 20 minutes.
- Using an apple corer and small melon baller, scoop out the stems, cores, and seeds from the apples, leaving the bottoms intact. Using a paring knife, peel the skin from the top inch of the apple. Stand in a baking dish.
- Divide the goat cheese mixture into 4 equal portions and stuff into the apples.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cider and sugar, and the remaining reserved Armagnac, (about 1/4 cup) if desired. Pour over the apples. Bake uncovered until the apples are tender, 45 to 40 minutes, basting every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the apples on plates and spoon the pan juices over them. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts, Apples And Mint
Goat's Cheese Stuffed Softshells With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Pancakes With Tomato Sauce
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Goat Cheese Ice Cream
Chef Dave's Grilled Strawberry And Goat Cheese Dessert Pizza
Goat Cheese, Pear And Blackberry Tart