- 6 rashers Irish bacon, chopped
- 2 small spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, tough stems removed, leaves rinsed well and left damp, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Irish butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the butter and when melted, add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the damp kale and stir to combine. Add the stock and stir. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover, add the cream and lemon juice, and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the kale is very tender. Add the bacon and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Serve hot.
Baked Codfish With Irish Cheese Crust
Salmon With Quinoa Mix, Sautéed Kale And Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Quinoa Mix With Sauteed Kale
Sauteed Ramps With Apple-smoked Bacon
Potato, Onion And Pea Champ
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Sauteed Morels
Sauteed Ramps With Apple Smoked Bacon
Oven Fried Potato And Sweet Potato Chips With Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip
Potatoes With Bacon And Onions
Apple Oatmeal Crisp With Irish Whiskey Cream