- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Asian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup julienned green onions, garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- In medium bowl, beat the egg lightly with the Asian seasoning. Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in a shallow dish. One at a time, dredge the chicken in the cornstarch and dip into the egg wash, shaking to remove any excess. Dredge again in the cornstarch to lightly coat.
- Place on a baking dish and let stand for 5 minutes. Just before cooking, shake off any excess cornstarch.
- In a bowl, make the sauce by combining the chicken stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken strips (making sure not to overcrowd the pan.) Fry them for about 3 minutes, until crisp, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. In a small bowl, dissolve the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch in the tablespoon of water. Pour nearly all the oil out of the wok. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the lemon sauce, stir to combine, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thick. Return the chicken strips to the wok and stir-fry until warmed through and married with the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and divide among 4 plates. Garnish with the julienned green onions and toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Bok Choy And Asparagus Stir Fry
Roasted Chicken With Lemon Herb Sauce And Sauteed Mushrooms, Two Ways
Zesty Lemon Chicken
Shrimp Won Tons
Steamed Egg Custard With Pork
Lemon Thyme Chicken With Rosemary New Potatoes
Grilled Gulf Pompano With Shrimp Lemon Butter Sauce And Lemon Braised Leeks
Roasted Rainbow Trout With A Lump Crab Meat And Grilled Asparagus Relish With A Lemon Beurre Blanc
Seared Salmon Or Pan Fried Snapper With Saute Vegetables And A Drizzle Of Lemon Butter Sauce