- 8 tablespoons whole milk powder
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour (or 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour with 1/8 teaspoons baking powder and pinch salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter, or softened unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 4 cups ghee, or clarified butter, for frying
- ROSE WATER SYRUP:
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cardamom pods , smashed
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- Into a bowl, sift the milk powder, flour, baking soda, and cardamom together. Rub in 1 tablespoon of the clarified butter or butter until coarse crumbs start to form. Add 2 tablespoons of water and work to make a firm yet elastic dough, adding only slightly more water as needed. With lightly oiled hands, shape into 20 balls, the size of marbles.
- In a large wok or saute pan, heat the clarified butter to 220 degrees F. Add all of the balls and gently fry, carefully turning with a wooden spoon, until golden brown, about 14 minutes.
- To make the Rose Water Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cardamom. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the rose water. Set aside until ready to add the milk balls.
- Carefully transfer the fried milk balls with a slotted spoon to the warm rose water syrup. Let sit for 2 hours, then serve at room temperature.
Keftedes (fried Minced Balls With Herbs)
Pork Boulettes (deep Fried Pork Balls), With Spicy Dip
Lobster In Fried Onion Sauce
Mary Beth's Sauerkraut Balls
Boudin Sausage Balls
Pan Fried Quail With Country Milk Gravy And Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Water Prawns Over Spinach Pappardelle With A Champagne And Salmon Roe Butter Sauce
The Rose Of Parna
Duck Breasts With Cherries And Rose Sparkling Wine Reduction With Nutty Wild Rice
Lemon Barley Water