- 1 1/2 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated grapefruit zest
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup seedless grapefruit segments
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the grapefruit juice, the sugar and zest, and cook over medium heat until reduced to a thick syrup.
- In a clean saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice, the vinegar, and shallots. Simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons. Add the heavy cream and cook for 30 seconds. Gradually whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, adding each piece before the previous one has been completely incorporated. Continue until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon, removing the pan from the heat periodically to prevent the sauce from getting too hot and breaking.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean pan. Add the grapefruit gastrique, salt, pepper, and grapefruit segments, and stir gently to combine.
Citrus Crusted Pompano With Grapefruit Butter Sauce
Pan Fried Flounder With Dilled Tartar Sauce
Dilled Tartar Sauce
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Biloxi Bacon (smoked Mullet With Cane Syrup Glaze)
Shrimp Creole Smothered Puppy Drum
Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad
Grilled Lobster Tails With A Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Goat's Cheese Stuffed Softshells With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Olive Crusted Mussels With A Lemon Butter Sauce