- 1 cup Bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and stem removed, and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brewed strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup or dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 whole racks baby back pork ribs, about 4 pounds, cut in half
- Place the bourbon in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, Essence, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, pepper, and lemon and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the ketchup, coffee, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, cane syrup, and hot sauce, and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the bourbon and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree on high speed until smooth. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Place the ribs in a large non-reactive dish and cover with the barbecue sauce. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let marinate, refrigerated, for 12 to 24 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill to medium heat. Remove the ribs from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess. Place the rib sections, meaty side up, in the grill. Cover and cook until marinade starts to set, 10 to 15 minutes. Turn and baste lightly. Cover and grill until nearly cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn and baste again. Cook uncovered without basting until the sauce is thick and the ribs are completely cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Discard any unused marinade.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot.
Pork Spare Ribs With Southwestern Barbecue Sauce
Coffee And Nocello Glazed Duck
Oven-barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Glazed Baby Back Ribs With Plum Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Spicy Root Beer And Bourbon Glazed Baby Back Ribs
Coffee Nocello Glaze
Chocolate Dipped Coffee Beans
Chef Neal's Baby Back Ribs With Orange Chipotle Glaze
Smoked Barbecue Ribs
Grilled Szechuan Style Baby Back Ribs